Monday, August 30, 2010

Arrived!

I arrived in Quito today! It only took about 12 hours to get here. I met a couple of cool people on the plane from Texas, Arkansas, and North Carolina and talking to them made the flights go by faster. As the little plane on the map started to get closer to Ecuador on the screen I started to get really excited! Quito has by far the most urban airport I’ve ever been to. It’s literally in the middle of the city unlike most other airports, which are outside of the city or in a suburb. I’ve met a few of the people that will be studying here with me. Tonight we are staying at a hotel and tomorrow we will meet our host families. My roommate for tonight seems pretty nice. We are really different people, so we’ve had some pretty interesting conversations! I’m exhausted from packing until late last night and waking up early and then traveling all day so I’m heading to bed. I’m really excited for tomorrow and meeting my host family!

No comments:

Post a Comment